Thursday, October 29, 2009

Explanation of the $1 Michael W. Smith Tweet

OK...I know there must be a lot of confusion about the Twitter messages I have posted at @JonKurozawa about my wife Holly, her chance to sing in the choir with Michael W. Smith and the request for $1 donations.

Let me first state...this has nothing to do directly with Michael W. Smith or anyone associated with him. I am thrilled that he is offering the opportunity for 100 people to join him in his choir at the concert at NIU in DeKalb, Illinois next Saturday.

The reason for the $1 donation is request is slightly complicated. My issue is with TicketMaster, who charge outrageous fees on tickets to any event they are involved in.
Michael W. Smith was offering discounted tickets to those singing and their families (a great deal) but the $6 service fee PER TICKET is ridiculous.

Holly wants me to bring our two oldest kids to see this once in a life time opportunity for her...and I agree, but when the price goes from $48 up to $72 in an instant, plus the driving, meals, etc...well lets just say it's tough.

Holly has made numerous sacrifices for me in our 13+ years of marriage, allowing me to do and do things I have wanted to do (sports broadcasts, MPTV auction and more)...I want to give her this chance. She works hard 24/7, 365 days out of the year as the mother of our 4 children...I will not deny her this chance.
The other issues...well i will be 100% transparent....those of you that have been following me know we have had major issues this year with our van. It went back into the shop again today. Another fun expense.
Secondarily you all know I have been working with the Milwaukee Wave, a great organization, with wonderful people to work with. The catch, as anyone that works outside sales knows, its a commission based job which means no money until you bring in money. I am fine with this, but it's a tough time to get sponsorships when the economy is still unstable.

All of that being said...that is why I was asking for 72 of my twitter friends to donate $1 each via Paypal to help Holly go to sing in the Michael W. Smith concert next Saturday. If you do not agree with me, I am sorry to hear that. I do everything I can for my family to be happy, be successful and to have fun. People have gotten annoyed with my pitches for Boy Scout wreath sales and Girl Scout cookie orders, but I am trying to help my kids be successful!

Thanks to everyone that is helping to make a dream come true for my beautiful wife Holly! The same blessing will be returned to you!

No comments: