Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012...a year of goals

I have never been a believer in New Years Resolutions...seems like a short term fix for problems we have. I am all about setting goals to accomplish to make our lives better.

In the past I have set a few goals that I have wanted to accomplish, but always seems to get sidetracked by other. 2012 will be a different story for me. I have had lots of time during my job "hiatus" to think about the things I want to do and accomplish.

Not only am I going to set goals, but I am going to make them public via this blog and keep an ongoing update. Some of these may seem trivial to those of you reading this, but each of these is important to me for one reason or another.

1. Exercise everyday of 2012...whether walking, running, gym, swimming.
2. Lose (and keep off) at least 30 pounds
3. Read the entire Bible ( the One Year Bible is an amazing resource)
4. Read at least one new book each month
5. Learn one new skill each quarter of the year
6. Do something good for someone else at least once a day (365 days of giving)
7. Spend more time volunteering
8. Spend more one-on-one time with each of my children
9. Write a new blog at least once per week.
10. Spend more quiet time in reflection and prayer.

Why don't you join me on this journey. Make a list of ten things you want to do this year....share them and let's keep each other accountable.

No comments: