Tuesday, February 26, 2008

End of a crazy run

Well I have to tell you I am happy to send the end of February coming up...not because of the snow, the weather or spring right around the corner.

March means the end of the craziest two months I have had in a long time. Juggling my main job, Play by Play for Wisconsin Lutheran College basketball, coaching two Upwards basketball teams, plus a multitude of other things has meant way too much time on the road, scrambling from one event to another and hoping that my kids haven't forgotten who I am.

Don't get me wrong...I am far from complaining because I love all that I do, but being a person that has a hard time saying NO to people (it's tough when your pastor calls you out on it)..sometimes I overload myself.

I am truly blessed to have the opportunities to do what I do and to be able to use the skills and abilities that God has given me. It is going to be nice to have a little bit of downtime before the next hectic schedule comes up.

Out of all of this...it has become apparent that I need to take sometime to prioritize what I need to do from what I want to do. My Men's Fraternity group, plus HI2 at Spring Creek Church have helped me realize this.

Next time any of you see me...I will not be running so much (unless I am chasing down Bella) and I may be a little more calm!!
************************************************************
Random thoughts...
- Wasn't the lunar eclipse last week AMAZING. I took a few minutes to watch with my kids and you have to be in awe of another of God's awesome creations in action.

- I am so tired already of the political ads on TV and radio. For once I would love to have a candidate on either side come out and say "I don't have total control. I am not going to make empty promises. I will work with the House and Senate who have ultimate control over taxes, laws, etc"

- An article on JSOnline states that 78.4% of Americans are Christians..but of that 78% how many are really Christians. What is their definition of being a "Christian"? That they believe in God? how many of that 78% actually go to church each week, read their bibles and live a God-fearing/honoring life? I am far from the perfect Christian, but I am doing my best on a daily basis.
That's what is wrong with our society...too many C&E Christians that talk the talk but don't walk the walk. That's why our TV's are strewn with trash that would have been limited to pay cable channels 10 years ago, why every news stand has a dozen magazines with scantily clad women adorning the covers and why true positive role models are over shadowed by the problems of Brittany Spears and such.
As my pastor says, all too many of us are living a life of "cruise control Christianity" and not walking in a closer walk with Jesus Christ. We need a Spiritual Revolution, and it starts with each person, then their families and so on. Imagine the impact we can make is we all start walking with Jesus on a daily basis...setting the example for others and letting them see God's light shining through us!

No comments: