Thursday, February 14, 2008

Re-evaluating

February 14th...Valentine's Day
A day filled with hearts, cards, candy and love.

No I am not going to ruminate about love...just find it ironic that I will post my first blog (at least on this site) on Valentine's Day.

Couple of random thoughts:
- Today is the final day of broadcasting for 105.3 The Fish here in Milwaukee. A great Contemporary Christian music station that has graced Milwaukee for the past 6 years, recently sold from Salem Communications to EMF, which is changing it to the satellite fed K-Love. Same style of music, no local personalities. This is sad as I see people I have worked with lose their jobs. For any one that has know me for at least a couple of years, you know my relationship with Salem and some of the people was not always the greatest (much caused by me), but I never wish this on anyone.

- As a husband and father, sometimes life gets the best of me. I am seeing that happening right now, as my chaotic schedule of work and basketball broadcasts for Wisconsin Lutheran College seems to be starting to take a toll on my family. I guess that happens when on any given weekday your kids are luck to see you for more than 20 minutes.

- Why is it that the sporting world (mainly fans and media) are always so tuned in to and interested in the negative stories (i.e. Michael Vick, Roger Clemens/steroids, OJ) So many great positive sports stories and all we care about is who shot what into whose body and what laws are being broken. And people wonder why the youth of America is so messed up?

- I have lived in Wisconsin for 36 of my 38 years...and this is the first time I can honestly say...I AM SICK OF SNOW!!! Seems like every other day we are hearing reports of another 3-5 inches of snow, with the occasional 10-12 inch blast. When will we see the green grass again?

More to come later

No comments: