Sunday, April 26, 2009

The immediate future

Today marks the beginning of the first full week of this new venture of trying to find a new job. I will admit I did not place too much of a sense of urgency the past few days on getting into a new career. Mainly because I was letting it settle in, but also because I wanted to take care of a few matters.

Now that Sunday morning has arrived, it is time to put the focus on moving forward. The big challenge is determining which direction I want to go in. I have spent the better part of 15 working in radio, something I have loved doing. Now comes the opportunity to move in a new direction, both by choice but also necessity. Media is a great industry to work in when things are good, but this past year or so has been tough.

I saw a number of good people lose jobs in early 2008 when The Fish/Word in Milwaukee was sold. Another friend lost his job last fall and still has not landed another radio job (he should never have been let go). Personally I have been let go from radio stations in Milwaukee 4 times, most times because of budget reasons.
Radio is not the only industry it's happening in, but I have had enough of it.

The popular questions I have been fielding "What are you going to do next?" and ""What do you want to do?" My answer for both...I am still trying to figure that out.
I have left the next step in the hands of God, which has floored quite a few people that I am stepping into this new journey with 100% faith. Am I free of worry? Certainly not...but I know the Lord is going to care for me and my family.

To honestly answer the question of what I will do next, what I want to do...I love communications and marketing. I am either going to try to hook-up with a marketing company or take the leap and head out on my own and start my own marketing business.
I have a passion and heavy interest in Social Media and see a major need for smaller companies to get on board this new media to promote and market their businesses.

I will keep everyone posted...feel free to comment here or email me at jon.kurozawa@gmail.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jon- What is your current status. Your friends want to know. EP