Tuesday, April 21, 2009

One chapter ends, a new one begins

Well this is one I was hoping to hold off on for a few months, but it was not meant to be.
Tuesday April 21 (4 days shy of my 39th birthday) marks my last day with Saga Communications, a company I have been with for 3 years. My job (along with another) have been eliminated due to the economy, budgets and consolidation.
Let me say right here at the beginning...I hold no ill feelings towards the company, my GM, the employees, etc. This was nothing personal, it was 100% business.

This is not the first time this has happened to me and I am sure it will not be the last in my career. It is a challenge I need to face, with my family.

The main thing I am taking away from this, and I hope you all do the same, is that everything that happens is not on our time table, but on God's. We all must trust Him to guide us, provide for us and LOVE us.

Will it be easy?? NO! How long will it take before I find a new job? Only God knows.
I do know that no matter how tough things will get, I will still keep my full faith in Him. It's the only thing I can do.

I know there are some of you out there reading this that are going through the same thing, or maybe have health issues, marital problems, troubles with your kids, etc. Just remember that God does not give us more than we can handle...with Him!

The storm is always worst before it ends...and I know this one is just beginning.

I promise to keep all of you updated on what is happening with career, family, etc.
If you want regular updates please follow me on Twitter (www.twitter.com/jonkurozawa)

Thanks much and we'll talk soon!

No comments: