Sunday, November 1, 2009

The New Blog, moving forward

Welcome to the new and improved Jon Kurozawa blog.
I had contemplated doing more business on the K6 Marketing blog and keeping this one for personal use. After reading a couple of chapters of Gary Vaynerchuk’s book “Crush It” (Gary of WineLibraryTV fame) I have decided to do both in one location.

One of the biggest issues with starting a new blog is what do I write about? One singular topic, something I am passionate about, random rants? I had to think about this and I came up with one thought. What can I offer the most for that may not be offered by anyone else?

Over the past few years I have gotten a solid understanding of marketing and advertising, what is available to businesses and what some of the challenges are. I have been there on the side of trying to find the best marketing opportunities, as well as being someone pitching ideas as well (actually I am in a similar situation now)

On this blog and the videos I will be producing, I will give my honest opinions on the world of marketing and advertising…what works, what doesn’t, misconceptions and the outright lies that are told by some.

Will this information offend some? Yes (if you are in advertising most likely).
Will this information be relevant? Only if you are open minded and willing to listen to someone else’s opinion.

My goal is to offer what I have learned over my career and provide people and businesses in need with valuable information.

The first topic on Monday will be Half Price gift certificate programs; are they good and what are the pitfalls.

No comments: