Friday, July 23, 2010

Our family needs your help

This is hard for me to do, especially in a time when so many families are struggling financially and many more have been flooded in SE Wisconsin.
Desperate times require us to humble ourselves and ask for the help of others.

Within the last 8 days, our house has been flooded twice, our minivan (and sole family vehicle) was totaled in an accident and we found out we have 10 days to pay a large lump payment to our mortgage company. For those of you that know me and my work situation, you know this is difficult for us to handle. We have been blessed by help and offers from some amazing people.

We are in a situation where we need to come up with about $4,000 quickly. Due to lack of income and tough decisions...our credit is no good for loans.

I have over 1,100 friends on Twitter, 575 on Facebook and over 200 connections on LinkedIn. This is what I am asking...
If each of my friends on each of these social sites donated $1 each...well it would help us tremendously.
Our main goal is to get a new (ok a good used and running) minivan to transport our entire family.
$1...not much to ask for...can you help us?

I am humbling myself to all of you in this unusual forum...hoping that you can help us.
If you have any questions, please email me at jon.kurozawa@gmail.com, on Twitter @JonKurozawa

UPDATE: per numerous requests...we have a PayPal account setup. go to www.paypal.com and you can send funds to jon.kurozawa@gmail.com Thanks all and God Bless!!

12 comments:

tapps said...

i'd love to help. have a paypal link?

Anonymous said...

Yes... need link! PayPal link?

Dan Laske said...

John, Blessings to you and your family. Here to help.

Simon said...

Did what i could Jon, God bless and keep at it!

Phel Jones said...

You got it, just donated via paypal

Unknown said...

You know what, that felt good. Why on earth do I hear Auld Lyne Syne playing though?

tapps said...

i wish i could do more...

Unknown said...

John. So sorry to hear about all this. I just sent a paypal donation, the Toyota Corolla is yours for as long as you need it, and we're going to do something special for your family this Tuesday at Chill on the Hill. Hopefully you guys can come. Blessings - Scott

Marjie said...

Jon, we're all happy to help! Be of good cheer my friend. :)

LaackeMatt said...

I'll talk with Colleen and do what we can, Jon. Big Love, my man.

Cocina DeLeon said...

Glad to help Jon. Will also get to Chill to buy Streeztas pizzas for family as well! Bless you all - Linda

Anonymous said...

Google ads for loans are some of the highest paying ads. Another way to help jon's family would be to click on an as or two!