Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Give...care...help (an update on the Journey of Life)

A few days ago I was inspired to start writing the “Journey of Life” blog…but I was hit with another inspiration that is changing my vision for this blog, at least for the next 8 weeks.

These final two months of 2010 will be filled with thoughts of Thanksgiving and Christmas, two holidays that many of us have begun to take for granted. This is a time of the year that my wife and I have worked over the past few years to inspire our children to care for others and give more than they receive.

With that in mind, I cannot write a blog that is focusing in on my life.

In the spirit of the “Give This New Year Away” blogs from earlier this year, I will be dedicating the next 8 weeks to focusing on others in need.

There will be suggestions of ways to give back, stories of triumph during the holidays, listings of volunteer opportunities and special events to participate in. Plus I will feature people and families that may need our help in one way or another.

This will be something unlike anything I have done before…but I look forward to sharing with you and hopefully inspiring you, while I inspire my children.

Won’t you please join me and my family, as we embark on this holiday adventure. Share your ideas, stories and events with all of us.

In the words of Matthew West…let’s Give This Christmas (and holiday season) Away!

No comments: