Monday, December 29, 2008

2008 Blessings

Going through my "church bag" yesterday (yes I have a church bag, which holds my bible, moleskine, notebook for class and sermon notes, etc)I found notes from last January from the old Home Improvement class on what I can celebrate from the year past and what to strive for in the new year.

That got me to thinking, I need to take some time to focus on my blessings this year before I start moving into 2009. Most of my thoughts (of 2008) have been consumed by the frustrations and struggles of the past year (struggles at work, the flood, finances, etc).

This is my chance now to share with each of you the things I have been blessed by this year (as I wrote in my personal notes):
- The birth of my daughter Alayna Faith
- My family's health (no major issues this year)
- Another year at my job (stability)
- Reconnecting with my father and sisters
- helping launch a new Life Group at Spring Creek (and forging new friendships)
- Continued increase in my spiritual life/walk
- Involvement with my kids in Upwards basketball and soccer
- the help of Spring Creek and others (financially, etc)
- God's continued favor in my strengths (broadcasting, sports, coaching)
- the multitude of opportunities that have been opened for my family (through work, church)

This is not my way of bragging or saying "hey I had a better year than you", I just want to publicly declare the things that God has blessed me with this year...and this is just a partial list.

We tend to dwell on the bad things that have happened, asking for help in areas of need...but we tend to forget to praise the things that have blessed and fulfilled our lives.

Friends...take time over the next few days to sit down and write out what you have been blessed with this year. You may have had an extremely difficult year, but put all that aside and think about the good things in your life. Yes there will be things...you may surprise yourself.

This is going to lead into my new video blog about the new year and the main word...CHANGE!!

2 comments:

Danny Clayton said...

Nothing wrong with celebration and you certainly present it with a humble heart.

Jon Kurozawa said...

Thanks Danny.
You blog has been an inspiration for mine.
I am continuing to work on the whole humility thing...its coming slowly.