Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thinking about this Christmas

Christmas has really become a time of year for me to reflect...to look back on the year that has been...and to give thanks for what I have (yeah I know alot of people do that over Thanksgiving)

For anyone that really knows me and my family, this has been a tough year for us. This has probably been the financially toughest year we have ever faced (like so many other families out there). We have had many a day wondering "how are we going to pay the mortgage", "how are we going to pay for this car repair" "are we going to be able to afford Christmas".

Bottom line...these are things that I should not be dwelling on, spending all my time and energy worrying about. Do not dwell on what you do not have, but offer up Thanks and Praise for what you do have.

I am thankful for the fact that, while so many other people have lost jobs, I have a job with an excellent company. I am grateful that I have a decent home to live in that keeps my wife and children safe, warm and protected...while there are others that have lost their homes because of the economy or some tragedy.
Thank God that my family and I are healthy (minus the typical child colds, coughs and sniffles)...I know of many people struggling this year with serious illness and have know a few that are no longer with us.
I am eternally grateful to my heavenly Father for the 4 beautiful children I have...knowing there are couples out there trying desperately to have just one child, while other have lost children due to illness, tragedy or other means.
Praise God that I have a church to worship in, with a church family that is supportive and caring, I know in my heart there are others who either choose not to go to church or feel unwelcome...and in other countries, worshiping our Almighty God would lead to ridicule, torture, even death...just for believing.

There is so much more I can write...but know that I am thankful for the small and the big things in my life and really do not take anything for granted...for it can all be gone in an instant. But above all...no matter what may happen tomorrow, next week or next year, I know my Father, my Amazing God, HE will provide for me!!

No comments: