Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas is coming...new thoughts

Hard to believe that Christmas is only 2 weeks away....and I will admit I have gotten caught up in the "hoopla" of Christmas. I was one of the crazy masses out on Black Friday...I have been traveling around looking for the latest, greatest deal to buy.
I am most disappointed that once again I have left behind the TRUE meaning of Christmas....Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong...I have NOT gone 100% Santa/Happy Holiday/Don't show me a Nativity. What I mean is I am once again caught up in the fervor of presents under the tree for the kids. Every year I want to do more for others...but it always comes a little too late. I keep reading stories of what others have been doing and I think "wow I should be doing something like that with my family" Not for the attention or accolades, but because we have been blessed again this year and we need to do something to give back.

This year I am helping the kids with something that we did last year with our oldest daughter Mia. Once again the kids are running a Christmas toy drive for the Milwaukee Rescue Mission...for two reasons. One (and most importantly) is to give to others that are in need, those that do not have what we have. Secondly, to teach the kids the to appreciate what they do have and to help "the least of these". It has been a challenge, but Mia and Noah are doing a great job with it.
*****************************************************************************
Have been watching video posts of Gary Vaynerchuk (thanks to J-Dizzle for leading me on to him)...and getting a lot of great ideas of things to do, not just with my work, but personally. Which leads me to wanting to start a video blog.
For those of you that know me well...you'll immediately say "Jon-you have tried stuff like his before with the radio show, podcasts, blogs etc" Yes my friends you are right...but I am feeling this is something that can explode.

Hopefully before Christmas I can roll out the first sets of videos (if I win the cheap Flip Video I am bidding on at EBay)...but the question is...What will the Video posts be about.

I had thought of doing an "Edge of Sports" video blog....or something with wrestling (yes another one of my secret passions). Honestly what I am thinking of doing is actually combining my work and some of my strengths. That's all I can say for now (don't want anyone stealing my idea) but lets just say...it will be a combination of the work I do on the Channel 10 auction, what I have done on the radio and my current work with the Online Radio Outlet.

Watch for more update about this on my Facebook page or at http://twitter.com/jonkurozawa

No comments: