Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Projects, time on my hands, reflections and more

Everyday I sit in amazement at how busy I am...while lacking gainful employment.

I do not leave the house for 8-10 hours a day to work for a company, yet the list of things to do always gets longer. For any of you that know me or have been following this blog for any period of time, you know that I have numerous projects going on at any point in time, or obligations that make me wish I could clone myself. Much is still the case now.

50% of my time if used for networking, reconnecting and job searching (***side note, it is really tough to find meaningful work in the marketing/communications field right now), the other 50% if filled with "side" projects.

Currently I am finishing up a recording/editing/mixing project for my daughters Girl Scout Troop that I have been working on for a month. In addition I am trying to get the K6Marketing project off the ground (finally got the simple proposal/package finished...if you are interested please email me at k6marketing@gmail.com) Then of course there is the always full "home to do" list.

I swear there just is not enough time in the day to get everything finished. If I try to spend extra time on one project, I feel like I am neglecting the others. One of my string suits has always been multi-tasking, but for once in my life I feel overwhelmed...at a time that you would think that I would be able to accomplish a ton.
**************************************************************************
I mentioned K6Marketing...a dream, vision of mine during this "vacation" period in between full time opportunities. There are many marketing companies that are offering services to help get businesses involved in social media...many with multiple resources, staffs and loads of experience. Why K6Marketing?
One reason...people that work with me will not be clients, but members of the K6Marketing family, treated equally and cared for personally.
Some say this is a gamble, being the new little fish in the big pond of experienced schools of predator fish. I say...Bring it on!
If you know of any small businesses, organizations or groups that need help navigating the world of Social Media, please let them know about K6Marketing.

I will have a basic website up and running soon, with a bigger bolder one hopefully in June!
**************************************************************************
On a personal side note...May is one of my favorite months because we celebrate the birthdays of my two oldest daughters (and June 2 is Noah's). Hard to believe my oldest (Mia) is turning 10 and finishing 4th grade. I look at 8 month old Alayna and think "Wow it seems like yesterday that Mia was this small"
Definitely a time of reflection, but more so a time to give thanks for the precious gifts that God has entrusted me with.
*****************************************************************************

One final thought from my Twitter friend Kathy Ireland (OK cheap name drop)
"Learning. Some come 2 gain and others 2 give. Some help @ hello, others wait 2B asked. "

No comments: