Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010, Give This New Year Away

Resolutions...we all have good intentions when we make them at the beginning of the year...to lose weight, to read more, to give up smoking...the list goes on and on.
How many of us really accomplish what we set out to do at the beginning of the year (I do know one person that has been successful giving up something for an entire year for the last few years!)

I have mentioned it a couple times over the past few weeks about the inspiration I got from Christian singer/songwriter Matthew West and his book "Give This Christmas Away", which listed 101 ways for you to inspire others. I loved the book and thought "Why just do this at Christmas? Why not all year round?"

Many of the 101 things listed in West's book can be done anytime of the year, but I am inspired to to at least one thing each day in 2010, but to also make it a quest to have as many people join me as I can.

Call it a Revolution...to give to others, to Pay it Forward, to live like Jesus by loving others even in the simplest ways.

I will be posting and Tweeting each day about different ways to give to others, many that won;t cost a penny, some that will require spending a little money, but all that can impact one or more people. Most of these can be done by anyone no matter that age, sex, financial status, etc.

Our country has been filled with so much negativity that it's time to turn it around, make a positive change one person at a time.

Whether one person or one million people join me doesn't matter...this is my quest for 2010. No looking for recognition, pats on the back or Thank Yous. The reward I get is know I have done something to brighten the day, week or life of another that may need it.

No comments: